ABOUT ME


M0TCX - I sat the full license exam on 1st April 2009 and a little over a month later, on 08 May, I got my new callsign. This is the last step in a three stage ham radio licensing in the UK and gives the owner some very useful privileges such as ability to work from abroad and /MM. My other callsigns include: M6CTU obtained in May 2008 and 2E0CTX received in October 2008. I'm a member of LEFARS Loughton and Epping Forest Amateur Radio Society, RAYNET The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network and The Royal Naval Amateur Radio Society London Group (HMS Belfast).


QSL - Paper QSL via bureau and/or eQSL.cc as it's fast, reliable and free.


QRN/QTH - I have recently moved to a new QTH that is no longer suffering from the constant power line noise like the previous one. However now I have to put up with plasma TVs, other noise makers and... antenna restrictions. I have not been able to set up a decent antenna yet and am using a short multiband mobile. This of course means that I can hardly hear anything on the HF side of the spectrum but at least I can reach a few local repeaters including an Echolink one.


Bands - 40, 30 and 20m are the bands I frequent the most (or used to). I have made several contacts on 17, 15, 12 and 10m but am still waiting to use them more. I will be looking more into VHF, UHF and sattelite comms in the future.


Modes - 80% my contacts so far have been made using digital modes; with PSK31 and RTTY being the modes of choice. SSB comprises the remaining 20%. One mode I find quite interesting is Hellschreiber. Unfortunately it's not easy to find it on air. If you'd like to sked a Hell contact, please drop me a line...


Website - This is a project started in January 2009 and is still being developed. At present it includes information about my station, an Ebay used equipment price list (no longer updated because of the lack of time and interest from the visitors) and some resources I used when studying for my ham radio license.


73 de Piotr M0TCX


M0TCX

2E0CTX

M6CTU
--   -----   -    -.-.    -..-